There are real success stories in Michigan school buildings that are considered by some to have traditional barriers to academic achievement. Over 100 schools in Michigan are finding ways each year to overcome the identifiable risk factors to low student achievement, such as low economic status, race and ethnicity, or proficiency with the English language.
Beating the Odds Schools are a special subset of Reward Schools released annually and are provided to fulfill requirements set by ESEA Flexibility of 2012 and the NCLB Act of 2001.
For support with the Beating the Odds School Identification, please contact 877-560-8378 or MDE-Accountability@michigan.gov.
- 2012-13 List of Reward Schools that are "Beating the Odds"
- 2012-13 Beating the Odds Individual School Lookup Tool
- 2012-13 Achievement Gap Individual School Lookup Tool
- 2012-13 Reward Schools Policy Brief
- 2011-12 List of Reward Schools that are "Beating the Odds"
- 2011-12 Beating the Odds Individual School Lookup Tool
- 2011-12 Beating the Odds Business Rules
- 2010-11 Michigan Beating the Odds List
- 2009-10 Michigan Beating the Odds List