Michigan's ESSA State Plan
Michigan’s ESSA draft plan was open for public comment February 14 through March 16, 2017. MDE staff is now reviewing all comments and making revisions to the final plan to be submitted to the U.S. Department of Education. MDE intends to submit the final plan for USED review by April 3, 2017.
About Michigan’s ESSA State Plan
Michigan’s ESSA Plan aligns to the goals and strategies to make Michigan a Top 10 education state in the next 10 years. The plan is organized around four core components:
Supports for Schools and Students
When creating the plan, Michigan consulted regularly with diverse groups of stakeholders via workgroups, online surveys, and targeted focus groups. In addition, MDE staff partnered with intermediate school districts across the state to host Feedback Forums where educators, parents, and community members provided feedback on selected recommended elements of Michigan’s plan.
- Michigan Releases Draft State ESSA Plan For Final Public Comment
- Overview of Michigan ESSA Consolidated Plan Draft (2.14.17)
- Michigan ESSA Consolidated Plan - Draft for Public Comment (2.14.17)
THE PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD CLOSED MARCH 16, 2017.
- Stakeholder Engagement Activities in the Development of Michigan ESSA Plan Draft (2.14.17)
a brief summarizing the multiple forms of public engagement that informed the development of Michigan’s ESSA Plan
- Presentation to SBE on 2/14/17 regarding Michigan ESSA Consolidated Plan Draft
- Michigan ESSA Consolidated Plan Draft-Master Slide Deck (2.14.17)
- Plan Formation Documents
- Fiscal Action Team
- Communication and Outreach Action Team
- Using Data to Inform Instruction and Leadership Action Team