Michigan Department of Education Resources
This resource records a sampling of the questions raised during a recent series of Feedback Forums hosted by the Michigan Department of Education to gather input regarding select elements of Michigan’s ESSA plan. We hope that by providing answers to these questions, education stakeholders will be better prepared to participate in the ongoing dialogue around current recommendations for ESSA implementation as Michigan works to become a Top 10 education state.
Please NOTE: This document should be treated as a “living document,” subject to change. That’s because Michigan’s ESSA plan is still in draft form, and implementation details are still under development. The MDE will add questions and update answers as the plan is finalized and implementation details emerge.
U.S. Department of Education Resources
- U.S. Department of Education Every Student Succeeds Act Web Page
Information regarding the new education law including history and background information, frequently asked questions, and guidance and regulatory information as it becomes available.
- ESSA Full Text
- U.S. Department of Education ESSA Resources
Summaries of key provisions of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) from the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO)
- Accountability Considerations in ESSA
- English Learners Considerations in ESSA
- Federal Funding Stream Considerations in ESSA
- School Intervention Considerations
- Innovation Considerations in ESSA
- Standards and Assessment Considerations in ESSA
- Testing and Participation Considerations in ESSA
- Teacher Preparation Considerations in ESSA
- Teacher Evaluation and Equity Considerations in ESSA
- Governance Summary