Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) administers the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) at the national level and the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) School Nutrition Programs (SNP) team carries the program out at the State level.
FFVP is an optional competitive grant that schools can apply for each year. Schools that receive the grant are given money and guidance so that they can serve fresh fruit and vegetable snacks to students during the school day at no charge.
Schools are eligible if they serve any combination of grades K-8 with at least 50% free and reduced price students and who participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
The FFVP application for the 2014-2015 school year is closed. The application for the 2015-16 school year will open in February 2015 and will be due April 30, 2015 via MEGS+. Grant award decisions are posted on this page.
For schools that receive the grant, an in-person training will be held on August 15th from 7:30-12:15 in Lansing at 608 W Allegan St, Lansing, MI 48933 (check in at front desk). There will also be several web-based trainings available for those unable to make the in-person training.
- 2014-15 FFVP Training Agenda - Aug 15, 2014
- Training Manual 2013-2014 - Part 1
- Training Manual 2013-2014 - Part 2
- Training Manual 2013-2014 - Part 3
- Training Manual 2013-2014 - Part 4
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program 2013-2014 PowerPoint
Program Operation Forms
- Justification of FFVP Equipment Purchase Form
- Production Record
- Reimbursement Form
- FFVP Self-Monitoring Form
- Security Authorization Form
- Informal Procurement Form
Michigan Harvest of the Month™ features ready-to-go nutrition education resources for your schools. Click here to access free resources such as menu slicks, training materials, Spanish and Arabic translated family newsletters, recipes and more for your child nutrition program and buildings' classroom teachers.
- 2013-2014 Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Claim Instructions
- 2013-2014 Important Dates for Budgets and Claims
> 2014-15 approved Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program schools, as of 7-8-2014. - 85656 bytes
> Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program 2014-15 training agenda. - 77630 bytes
> List of schools participating in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program in the 2014-2015 school year. - 85656 bytes