1401 East Court St.
Flint, MI 48503-6208
Director: Dr. Chery Wagonlander
Web: http:// www.michigan.gov/mde
Michigan Early/Middle College Association (MEMCA) is a voluntary alliance of educators actively involved with one or more of the early/middle colleges working towards significantly increasing the collegiate and post-secondary success and completion rate of Michigan youth. The group comes together to share best practices, develop a community of learners and reflective practitioners, and share research with the broad high school transformation community.
MEMCA serves in a leadership capacity by providing assistance to Early/Middle Colleges throughout the state. This is accomplished by working closely with the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Career and Technical Education, and other public and private agencies and institutions.
The purpose of MEMCA is threefold:
1. The continued practice of professional development
- Reflective Practice
- Professional Learning Community
- Best practice dissemination
- Technical assistance for members and groups seeking to develop new Early/Middle Colleges
2. Research and contribution to the literature related to Early/Middle colleges
- Shared outcomes, best practice
- Data collection and analyses
- Contribute unique perspectives to high school transformation literature
- Share student and educator voice
- Collect and disseminate state wide data
- Approval of Michigan Early/Middle College technical certificate
- Professional Development that awards SBCEU's
MEMCA offers the following to schools planning implementation and member schools:
- Summer Professional Development Conference
- Winter Technical Assistance Conference
- Technical assistance including site visits
- Approval of college readiness curriculum
- Guidance to every level of early/middle college
MEMCA also offers student enrichment opportunities through a statewide Student Leadership Conference. Member schools send student representatives to the conference in Fall and a follow up conference in Spring of each school year.
For more information, please click the link below for a list of contacts.