Michigan Team Nutrition's 2015 campaigns focus on creating Healthier School Environments while continuing to support efforts to boost School Breakfast participation!!
Learn more today!
TN 13 Grant supports School Breakfast:
TN 14 Grant highlights:
TN 12 Smarter Lunchrooms:
You do not have to be part of a Team Nutrition School to join the conversation and stay connected!
Follow our campaigns by:
- Liking Michigan Team Nutrition on Facebook at www.facebook.com/michiganteamnutrition
- Following Michigan Team Nutrition on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TeamNutritionMI
- Subscribing to the Michigan Team Nutrition YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/miteamnutrition1
Team Nutrition is a national initiative designed to support the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Child Nutrition Programs through training and technical assistance for foodservice, nutrition education for children and their caregivers, and school and community support for healthy eating and physical activity.
Team Nutrition is helping children in grades pre-K through 12 and their families to:
- Build a healthy plate.
- Cut back on foods high in solid fats, added sugars, and salt.
- Eat the right amount of calories.
- Be physically active.
Michigan Team Nutrition is a TEAM effort that involved schools, families, and the community in providing nutrition education to kids. Form your own community-wide Team Nutrition team by teaming up with:
- School staff and teachers
- School foodservice
- Extension Staff
- School Health Coordinator
- Food Vendors
- County WIC offices
- Health Educators
- Grocery Stores
- Retail Store Owners
- Food Bank Employees
Join Team Nutrition! It's free and can be very rewarding for your school.
Becoming a Team Nutrition School will help focus attention on the important role of nutritious school meals, nutrition education, and how a health-promoting school environment plays a role in helping students learn to enjoy healthy eating and physical activity. It will provide the framework for team efforts by school nutrition staff, teachers, parents, and the media and other community members.
Team Nutrition has three implementation strategies:
- Healthy school meals that meet student expectations
- Nutrition education that is fun and focused on behavior
- Support from school administrators, parents and other community leaders
All program materials encourage students to make food and physical activity choices for a healthy lifestyle.