How do I file a complaint about an incident at my child's public school?

Michigan law gives local school boards authority to perform functions related to the operation of the school district. Review your local districts regulations and contact the appropriate person. For most schools the chain of command is: teacher, principal, superintendent and then the local board of education. “Parent/Student Problem Solving” provides suggested steps for resolving problems and complaints.

Additional information regarding student issues is available at

Parent/Student Problem Solving