Welcome to GEMS/MARS, the Grant Electronic Monitoring System/Michigan Administrative Review System, an initiative of the Michigan Department of Education. GEMS/MARS improves the grant monitoring process by using a Web-based, paperless process. GEMS/MARS features include:
- Allowing grant sub-recipients to interact with MDE from the beginning to the end of the monitoring review life cycle (whether a desk or on-site review is conducted).
- Providing a secure, Web-based system requiring no additional software.
- Allowing MDE to inform sub-recipients of the required documentation, including the ability to upload those required items for MDE review.
- Facilitating communication between sub-recipients and MDE as findings are reported and compliance plans are developed and approved.
- Providing FAQs and Best Practices information.