About Teacher Certification
- Certification Guidance Documents
Please also use the Certification Law/Rule/Policy button on the left to access all Certification Administrative Rules, effective November 15, 2017.
- Certification Frequently Asked Questions
- Educator Certification Verification Search to verify status of Michigan Teacher Certificate and/or valid permits (expired permits do not appear in search results).
- State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH)
- Teaching in Taiwan Program and Chinese Language Teacher Exchange
- Highly Qualified Information
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and National Board Certification
- Troops to Teachers
Referral Assistance and Placement Services to military personnel interested in beginning a second career in public education as a teacher.
- Approved Reading Diagnostic Courses
MDE approved courses listed by EPI which fulfill the PA32 requirement. Updated 5/23/2017.
- Diagnosis and Remediation of Reading Course Verification Form
Caution is advised to applicants seeking to fulfill this requirement through out-of-state institutions as many courses do not meet the requirements under Michigan law, or the out-of-state institution may not be able to complete the verification form assuring compliance. Updated 05/11/2017.
- Approved Educator Preparation Programs and Specialty Areas
Searchable database of Michigan approved traditional and alternate route teacher programs, and administrator programs.
- Approved Providers of Courses for First Aid and CPR
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Search for Institutions at National Center for Education Statistics
Satisfactory college semester credit hours are those earning a grade of C or better, or the equivalent.