State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH)
SCECH Program Overview
Traditional Professional Development:
- Non-Conference Meetings/Workshops
Non-Traditional Professional Development:
You must contact your local SCECH sponsor to obtain complete description, qualification requirements, instructions, and rules to receive SCECHs for the following assignments. Credit can only be earned by filing the appropriate documentation with your local SCECH sponsor within 30 days after the assignment is complete.
- Mentoring a new teacher in your school
- Supervising a college student during their student teaching experience
- Supervising a college student during their pre-teaching experience
- Mentoring a new administrator or principal in your school district
- Serving on a P.A. 25 School Improvement Team
- Serving on a School Committee
Locating Your PIC
If you have questions, contact the State Continuing Education Clock Hours Coordinator, Claudia Nicol; 517-241-4928 or SCECH@michigan.gov.