State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH)
SCECH Program Overview
Traditional Professional Development:
- Non-Conference Meetings/Workshops
Non-Traditional Professional Development:
You must contact your local SCECH sponsor to obtain complete description, qualification requirements, instructions, and rules to receive SCECHs for the following assignments. Credit can only be earned by filing the appropriate documentation with your local SCECH sponsor within 30 days after the assignment is complete.
- Mentoring a new teacher in your school
- Supervising a college student during their student teaching experience
- Supervising a college student during their pre-teaching experience
- Mentoring a new administrator or principal in your school district
- Serving on a P.A. 25 School Improvement Team
- Serving on a School Committee
How to Calculate Renewal Hours
On May 18, 2012, new Administrative Rules that govern teacher certification were adopted. These new rules have eliminated the term "State Board Continuing Education Units (SB-CEUs)". The SB-CEU credits you have previously earned are still valid for the renewal period of your certificate. The records in the Secure Central Registry (SCR) will remain, but will now be called State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH). As we update the SCR system, your units will reflect the equivalent number of hours they are worth.
If you have questions, contact the State Continuing Education Clock Hours Coordinator, Claudia Nicol, (517) 241-4928 or MISBCEU@michigan.gov