- Procedural Safeguards Notice
This document is based on the federal model provided by the U.S. Department of Education after the reauthorization of the IDEA in 2004.
- Special Education Due Process Complaint Procedures
The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) procedures regarding special education administrative due process hearings.
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) Development Process
- Administrative Rule Waiver Application Forms
- Special Education Deviation Request
- Model Due Process Complaint/Request for Hearing Form
- Request for State Complaint Investigation
- Revocation of Parental Consent for Special Education Programs and Services Form
Districts must have parental consent to provide special education programs and services to eligible students. Parents can withdraw consent at any time. Fill out and submit this form to your school district to revoke consent for special education programs and services.
- Notice of Cessation of Special Education Programs and Services
in Response to Revocation of Parental Consent Form
Districts must have parental consent to provide special education programs and services to eligible students. If a parent revokes consent, the district must provide the parent with notice that the programs and services will stop. Complete this notice and provide it to parents who have revoked consent for services.