- Intermediate School District Plan Objection Hearing Procedures (April, 2003)
- Special Education Due Process Complaint Procedures (December 2011) The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) procedures regarding a request for a special education administrative due process hearing (11 pages).
- Michigan School for the Deaf Operational Procedures (June 2010)
- Procedural Safeguards Notice (May 2009) This document is based on the federal model provided by the U.S. Department of Education after the reauthorization of the IDEA in 2004.
- Measurable Annual Goals Guidance
The Office of Special Education developed this guidance document to assist with the development of measurable annual goals.
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) Development Process
Forms and guidance.
- Request for State Complaint Investigation (August 2013)
- Model Due Process Complaint/Request for Hearing Form (December 2011)
- Nonpublic Services Plan Form and guidance.
- Administrative Rule Waiver Application Forms
- Revocation of Parental Consent for Special Education Programs and Services
- Notice of Cessation of Special Education Programs and Services in Response to Revocation of Parental Consent
- Deviations to the Administrative Rules for Special Education Form (December 2008)
- Updated Process for Clarifications or Modifications of Previously Approved ISD Plans for the Delivery of Special Education Programs and Services (March 2005)