- Special Education Due Process Complaint Procedures
The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) procedures regarding special education administrative due process hearings.
- Michigan School for the Deaf Operational Procedures (June 2010)
- Procedural Safeguards Notice
This document is based on the federal model provided by the U.S. Department of Education after the reauthorization of the IDEA in 2004.
- Model Due Process Complaint/Request for Hearing Form
- Request for State Complaint Investigation
- Notice of Cessation of Special Education Programs and Services
in Response to Revocation of Parental Consent Form
Districts must have parental consent to provide special education programs and services to eligible students. If a parent revokes consent, the district must provide the parent with notice that the programs and services will stop. Complete this notice and provide it to parents who have revoked consent for services.
- Revocation of Parental Consent for Special Education Programs and Services Form
Districts must have parental consent to provide special education programs and services to eligible students. Parents can withdraw consent at any time. Fill out and submit this form to your school district to revoke consent for special education programs and services.
- Measurable Annual Goals Guidance
The Office of Special Education developed this guidance document to assist with the development of measurable annual goals.
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) Development Process
Forms and guidance.
- Nonpublic Services Plan Form and guidance.
- Administrative Rule Waiver Application Forms
- Deviations to the Administrative Rules for Special Education Form (December 2008)
- Updated Process for Clarifications or Modifications of Previously Approved ISD Plans for the Delivery of Special Education Programs and Services (March 2005)