- Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education (MARSE) With Related IDEA Federal Regulations (December 2016)
This document has been updated to meet accessibility standards and to reflect the current Michigan Administrative Rules, which became effective October 8, 2015.
- Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education
- IDEA 2004 Federal Regulations
The final regulations to implement Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEA). The regulations went into effect on October 13, 2006.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004
- Implementing Regulations for Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Michigan School Code - PA 451 of 1976
- Michigan State School Aid Act - PA 94 of 1979
- Policy for the Emergency Use of Seclusion and Restraint
- Michigan Criteria for Determining the Existence of a Specific Learning Disability
- Providing Homebound and Hospitalized Educational Services for Michigan Public School Pupils
- Policy for the Appointment of Surrogate Parents for Special Education Services
- Surrogate Parents and Special Education Decision-Making Guidance (January 2017)
This guidance document provides information to public agencies, service providers, and parents regarding the implementation of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requirements pertaining to surrogate parents. Its purpose is to provide guidance to public agencies in selecting and training surrogate parents.
- Standards for Extended School Year Services in Michigan