Team Nutrition is a USDA Food and Nutrition Service initiative supporting Child Nutrition Programs through training and technical assistance for food service, nutrition education for children and their caregivers, and school and community support for healthy eating and physical activity.
Michigan Team Nutrition's 2014 and 2015 initiatives focus on increasing school meal participation and healthier school environments by providing behavioral economics/smarter lunchroom technical assistance to participating schools.
Steps to a Healthy School Website
Smarter Lunchroom Website
USDA's HealthierUS School Challenge: Smarter Lunchrooms Website
Boost Breakfast Website
Youtube Michigan Smarter Lunchroom Training Videos
Join the conversation and stay connected! Follow our campaigns by
- Liking Michigan Team Nutrition on Facebook at www.facebook.com/michiganteamnutrition
- Following Michigan Team Nutrition on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TeamNutritionMI
- Subscribing to the Michigan Team Nutrition YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/miteamnutrition1
Join Team Nutrition! It's free and can be very rewarding for your school. Becoming a Team Nutrition School will help focus attention on the important role of nutritious school meals, nutrition education, and how a health-promoting school environment plays a role in helping students learn to enjoy healthy eating and physical activity. Join today.
Team Nutrition implementation strategies:
- Healthy school meals that meet student expectations
- Nutrition education that is fun and focused on behavior
- Support from school administrators, parents, and other community leaders
All program materials encourage students to make food and physical activity choices for a healthy lifestyle.
- Meeting the Challenge Recipe Book
- Fresh Meals Videos
- Fresh Meals Newsletters
- HealthierUS Schools Challenge Award Criteria
- School Garden Nutrition Education Toolkit
- Playbook for a Healthier School Environment
- Family Fun Guide
- Family Tip Sheets
- Pyramids Between the Pages
- Role Modeling for a Healthy School Environment