Schools throughout the state are working hard to create healthier nutrition environments for students. Whether you’re a parent, teacher, administrator, or community member, it is important to get involved in school-based initiatives targeting the health of our children. If you have questions about School Nutrition Programs or Coordinated School Health and Safety Programs, please contact Whitney Vance, Nutrition Education Consultant, at (517) 241-4437.
- Michigan Junior Chef Competition
Cookbooks, pictures, videos, and more! The 2015 Michigan Junior Chef Cook-off Competition was held on May 13, 2015, at Michigan State University.
- Smart Snacks in Schools These new nutrition standards apply to all foods and beverages sold to students during the school day, including in schools' vending machines, stores, snack carts and a la carte lines, as well as in-school fundraising.
- Model Local Wellness Policy Adopted October 11, 2005
- Tips and Tools to Help Implement Michigan's Healthy Food and Beverages Policy September 2004
- Policy on Offering Healthy Food and Beverages In Venues Outside of the Federally Regulated Child Nutrition Programs Adopted December 18, 2003