Focus Schools consisted of the ten percent of schools on the school rankings with the largest achievement gaps between its top 30 percent of students and its bottom 30 percent, based on average scale score. Identifying Focus Schools for increased school supports was a part of Michigan's previous ESEA Flexibility waiver as a critical step toward the goal of closing achievement gaps within schools and reducing the achievement gap statewide. The 2013-14 school year was the last year that Focus Schools were identified by the MDE. This page contains historical Focus School cohort information.
Jump to Page:
For support with Focus Schools, please contact the Office of Education Improvement and Innovation at 517-335-2957. For support with the Top-to-Bottom School Rankings, please contact 877-560-8378 or MDE-Accountability@michigan.gov.
- January 2017 Focus School Exit List and Lookup Tool
- January 2017 Information for Focus Schools and Exit Process
- March 2016 Focus School Exit List and Lookup Tool
- March 2016 Information for Focus Schools and Exit Process
- 2013-14 Focus Schools List for Print and Publication
- 2012-13 Focus Schools List for Print and Publication
- Understanding Focus School Status
- 2011-12 Focus Schools List for Print and Publication