Flint families can get nutritious food at mobile pantry in October
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Oct. 2, 2017
CONTACT: Bob Wheaton, 517-241-2112
LANSING, Mich. – Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for October at locations throughout Flint.
The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services are announcing the upcoming schedule for mobile food pantry stops to distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron.
Families receive shelf-stable items that include tuna, baked beans, mandarin oranges, cereal, tomatoes and more. Farm-fresh produce in October will be apples, eggplant, peppers, onions, sweet corn, squash, carrots and potatoes.
The program is funded through the more than $300 million in state taxpayer funds that have been provided to help the residents of Flint. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. Upcoming dates are:
- Tuesday, Oct. 3, at noon – St. Michael Catholic Church, 609 E. Fifth Ave.
- Saturday, Oct. 7, at 10 a.m. - Calvary United Methodist Church, 2111 Flushing Road.
- Wednesday, Oct. 11, at noon – Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Saturday, Oct. 14, at 10 a.m. – Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Saturday, Oct. 14, at 11 a.m. – Higher Quality of Life, 5601 N. Saginaw St.
- Tuesday, Oct. 17, at noon – St. Michael Catholic Church, 609 E. Fifth Ave.
- Wednesday, Oct. 18, at 10 a.m. – Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Thursday, Oct. 19, at noon – United Methodist Community Center, 4601 Clio Road.
- Friday, Oct. 20, at noon – St. Luke’s NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Tuesday, Oct. 24, at 1 p.m. – New Birth Church, 3918 Blackington Ave.
- Wednesday, Oct. 25, at noon – Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, Oct. 25, at 11 a.m. – Richfield Academy, 3807 N. Center Road.
- Friday, Oct. 27, at 10 a.m. – My Brother’s Keeper, 101 N. Grand Traverse St.
- Tuesday, Oct. 31, at noon – St. Michael Catholic Church, 609 E. Fifth Ave.
Information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org or call 810-239-4441.
# # #