- 2018 Hospital National Patient Safety Goals Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Many Nurses Lack Knowledge of Health Risks for New Mothers, Study Finds
A nationwide survey shows that postpartum nurses often fail to warn mothers about potentially life-threatening complications, mainly because they need more education themselves.
- A 'perfect storm' superbug: How an invasive fungus got health officials' attention Try as they might, the infection control specialists at Royal Brompton Hospital could not eradicate the invasive fungus that was attacking already gravely ill patients in the intensive care unit.
- Study: UV Light Helps to Eliminate Drug-resistant Bacteria
Transmission of four superbugs decreased a cumulative 30 percent
- Health system deploys copper-infused surfaces to decrease infections
Sentara's research prompted it to make copper a regular fixture in its infection control strategy
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration, Safety Webpage
Safety information, problem reporting, recalls, market withdrawals, safety alerts, and Medwatch adverse events reporting program.
- How to Manage the Challenge of Preventing and Detecting Sepsis
Identifying sepsis can be difficult, but the deadly condition can be contained by following the proper protocols and acting quickly
- Safe Surgery - Why safe surgery is important New Guidance on preventing Surgical Site Infections from the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Gaps In Care Persist During Transition From Hospital To Home
Nurse Tiffanie Abrajano and social worker Valerie Ellis were there to make sure his transition home had gone smoothly.
- A look at multidrug-resistant organisms
Prevention strategies for some common superbugs
- Core Measures: We Have Quality Consensus Today marks a genuine step forward in the effort to measure health care quality in a coordinated and coherent way.
- As Rural Hospitals Struggle, Some Opt To Close Labor And Delivery Units About 500,000 women give birth each year in rural hospitals, yet access to labor and delivery units has been declining.
- CMS' Partnership for Patients The Partnership for Patients initiative is a public-private partnership working to improve the quality, safety and affordability of health care for all Americans.
- Stepping Up Against Sepsis These hospitals have shown that a coordinated, low-cost strategy dramatically reduces infection and mortality. It's an approach others may want to adopt.
- Emergency Surgery Patients Often Wind Up Back in Hospital: Study Surgical site infections were the most common reason why
- MDCH Tobacco Control Program and Information for Healthcare Professionals The MDCH Tobacco Program provides information to help reduce and eliminate tobacco-related deaths and diseases in Michigan.
- MHA Keystone Center for Patient Safety & Quality MHA Keystone brings together hospitals, national experts and best practice evidence to improve patient safety by addressing the quality of health care delivery at the bedside.
- Centers for Disease Control: Handwashing: Clean Hands Saves Lives Keeping hands clean through improved hand hygiene is one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others.
- Eight Recommendations to Drastically Improve Patient Safety The National Patient Safety Foundation revisits 'To Err is Human' and renews the call to action for safer care.
- How Hospitals Can Partner with, Engage Patients and Families to Improve Care Use this comprehensive list of resources to develop and implement your patient engagement strategies.