- 'Lost In Translation:' Hospitals' Language Service Capacity Doesn't Always Match Need
Luis Ascanio, 61, works as a medical interpreter at La Clinica del Pueblo, a D.C.-based clinic geared toward providing health care to the surrounding Latino community.
- Leveling the Challenges of Health Literacy with Ask Me 3
- Ask Me 3: Good Questions for Your Good Health Ask Me 3® is an educational program that encourages patients and families to ask three specific questions of their providers to better understand their health conditions and what they need to do to stay healthy.
- NIH Health Literacy - What is Health Literacy? Clear Communication Individuals must possess the skills to understand information and services and use them to make appropriate decisions about health.
- Plain Language - A Promising Strategy Plain language - a promising strategy for clearly communicating health information and improving health literacy. Published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion.