Division of Environmental Health
- Call the MI-TOXICS and Health Hotline Have questions about the environment and your health? Call 1-800-MI-TOXICS (1-800-648-6942) during business hours, Monday-Friday.
- Overview of the Division of Environmental Health (DEH)
A general overview of the activities and services provided by the MDHHS Division of Environmental Health
- Contact Information for Division of Environmental Health
Contact information for Division staff
Products & Services
- WHAT'S NEW...Check Out the Latest From DEH
Click on the What's New link to find the latest health consultations, reports, fact sheets and brochures from the Department of Environmental Health
- Environmental Health Topics - A to Z
Information on various topics from arsenic, asthma, mercury, mold, pesticides, PBBs, dioxin, lead, cancer, chlorine, nicotine and ricin.
- Healthy Homes and Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
The Healthy Homes Section works to reduce lead-based paint poisoning and promotes healthy homes throughout the State of Michigan.
- Mercury Spills, Vapors and Your Health
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) has important information for you on the health hazards of mercury and what you can do to protect yourself and your family.
- Health Assessments and Related Documents
Site-specific health assessments. Health assessments are evaluations of hazardous waste sites or sites that are thought to contain chemical contamination.
- All About Mold
Mold can cause health problems if not cleaned up properly. Learn all about mold.
- Occupational Health
Information about occupational disease and injury in Michigan. Includes reports, publications, and links to other occupational health websites.
- Pesticide Information
Information to help prevent future pesticide exposure incidents through education and improved workplace practices.
- Public Health Reporting Requirements
Rules require laboratories to report clinical test results for lead, arsenic, cadmium, mercury, and cholinesterase require health care providers and facilities to report non-medicinal, non-suicidal chemical poisonings and injuries, if requested.
- Michigan Environmental Public Health Tracking Network
MI Tracking, Partnering With CDC's Environmental Public Health Tracking Network
- Southwest Detroit Cancer Incidence and Mortality Report Southwest Detroit Cancer Incidence and Mortality Report
- Kalamazoo River/Enbridge Oil Spill
Information and updates on the public health assessment for the Kalamazoo River/Enbridge oil spill
- Michigan Fish Advisory & Eat Safe Fish Link to Michigan's Eat Safe Fish page...
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Epidemiology Program
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) receives federal funding to conduct public health surveillance on the effects of alcohol and drug abuse on Michigan's population.
- Climate Change and Public Health
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) has become increasingly concerned about the impacts of global climate change on public health.
- Michigan Hazardous Substances Emergency Events Surveillance
Beginning January 2005, MDHHS instituted a surveillance system for hazardous substances releases in Michigan called Hazardous Substance Emergencies Emergency Events Surveillance (HSEES).