Is Your Baby's Crib Safe?
A safe crib has:
- A firm, tight-fitting mattress.
- No loose, missing or broken hardware or slats.
- No more than 2 3/8" between the slats (width of a soda can).
- No corner posts over 1/16" high.
- No cutout designs in the headboard or footboard.
If you are unsure of the safety of your crib, call the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission at 1-800-638-2772 or go their Crib Information Center Website.
Other Baby and Child Product Recalls
View other recalls, including baby and child products and toys, in the recall section of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Website.
This site was developed in collaboration with the Michigan Department of Community Health, the Michigan Department of Human Services, Michigan Department of Education, Michigan Public Health Institute, and Tomorrow's Child.