Public Policy Committee
Advocate for public policy that is responsive to the needs of people with disabilities. These efforts work toward people becoming independent members of the community. In addition to advocating for and promoting independence, the Committee offers advice and direction to the Council on public policy issues and concerns. Guiding the Committee are numerous objectives, including providing a forum for sound public policy; educating policymakers, advocates and consumers; and networking and collaboration throughout Michigan.
Public Policy Brochure
For more information and to receive information on public policy contact:
The Public Policy Committee meets the first Tuesday of the month.
- January 3, 2017
- February 7, 2017
- March 7, 2017- Legislative Day
- April 4, 2017
- May 2, 2017
- June 6, 2017
- July 11, 2017
- August 1, 2017
- September 5, 2017
- October 3, 2017
- November 14, 2017
- December 5, 2017
Important Policy Information:
- What Does a Medicaid Block Grant Mean?
- ACA Implementation
- MI Bridges
- Healthy Michigan Plan
- Advance Practice Nurse-House
- Advance Practice Nurse-Senate
- DCH Oral Health
What are the issues the Committee is addressing?
- Achieve a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act
- Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Reauthorization of the Older Americans Act S. 192
- Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Rules
- Budget Updates
- Medical Transportation (non-emergency) NEMT
Information for Direct Care Workers- from the Department of Labor