Office of Recipient Rights
- RIGHTS IS EVERYBODY'S BUSINESS!
If you suspect or are aware of the abuse, neglect or exploitation of a recipient of public mental health services in Michigan, use the following links to assist you in reporting the information.
Call the MDHHS-ORR Hotline: 1-800-854-9090
Hearing impaired individuals may use the following number: Michigan Relay Center 711 or 1-800-649-3777
Information About the Rights of Recipients
- Rights Information Handbooks and Podcast
English, Spanish and Arabic versions of the booklet that explains the safeguards for your rights when you receive mental health services.
- Rights of Recipients of Mental Health Services
Link to Chapter 7 of the Michigan Mental Health Code and Administrative Rules.
Link to "Summary of Abuse & Neglect Reporting Requirements" poster.
About the Office of Recipient Rights
- Mission and Vision
To protect and promote the constitutional and statutory rights of recipients of public mental health services and empower recipients to fully exercise these rights.
- Community Mental Health Program Assessments
Assessment dates and results
- Office of Recipient Rights
Recipient Rights Annual Report
- Office of Recipient Right Guidance Memos
Official interpretations of questions posed to the Office of Recipient Rights
- Contact Us
Michigan Department of Health & Human Services Office of Recipient Rights Staff and Location Information
- MDHHS-ORR Recipient Rights Advisory Committee
Listing of meeting dates and minutes
- MDHHS Director's Awards for Recipient Rights
Annual Recipient Rights Director's Awards Honorees
Information for Recipient Rights Staff
- Office of Recipient Rights Training Courses
Training Opportunities for Recipient Right Staff
- Training Updates
Basic Skills Resource Manual updates
- Continuing Education Requirements and Approved Programs
List of approved MDHHS Office of Recipient Rights CEU courses
- Forms and Templates
Documents to be downloaded for use by Rights staff
- The 25th Annual Recipient Rights Conference
2018 Recipient Rights Conference
- Office of Recipient Rights Newsletters
Current and past issues of MDHHS Office of Recipient Rights newsletter.
- Informational Links
Informational Links for Recipient Rights Advisor/Officers