Michigan Diabetes Statistics and Reports
- Diabetes burden
- Diabetes-related indicators
These sources include:
- Michigan Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
- Michigan Inpatient Database
- Medicaid Data Warehouse
Michigan Diabetes Reports
- Diabetes in Michigan Update – 2015
- Prediabetes Fact Page – 2015
- Gestational Diabetes Fact Page – 2013
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prevention Strategy in Michigan -– 2013 to 2018
- Michigan Action Plan for Diabetes Primary Prevention -– 2006
Diabetes Data Library
Tables are presented in diabetes prevalence and incidence among Michigan adults and children, as well as prediabetes among adults. In addition, the Library provides data about diabetes-related risk factors, preventive care practices, diabetes-related complications, hospitalization data, mortality, and cost data.
- Hospitalization among Michigan Adults with Diabetes, 2013
- Risk Factors in Adults with Diabetes and the General Population, 2011-2013
- Diagnosed Diabetes Prevalence and Incidence (New Cases) in Adults, 2011-2013
- Diabetes Prevalence in Children, 2006
- Diabetes Incidence (New Cases) in Children, 2002-2003
- Preventive Care Practices in Adults with Diabetes, 2011-2012
- Prevalence of Complications in Adults with Diabetes, 2008-2010
- Mortality for People with Diabetes, 2009
- Prediabetes in Adults, 2005-2006, 2010
- Gestational Diabetes Incidence, 2009-2010
- Cost of Diabetes in Michigan, 2005-2006
Michigan Diabetes Related Medicaid Data
Michigan's Medicaid programs are funded by state and federal dollars and serve socio-economically vulnerable children and adults. Analysis of paid Medicaid claims, encounter, and prescription data provide a unique and powerful perspective on key components of health care.
Previously, MDHHS has utilized analysis of Medicaid data to address health care utilization of children with asthma and the disabled population served by Michigan Medicaid programs.
Diabetes burden and indicators are presented as briefs, presentations, and downloadable tables, charts, and maps.
Briefs and Reports
Diabetes-Michigan Medicaid Executive Summary – 2015
Diabetes and Influenza Vaccination – Michigan Medicaid – 2015
Diabetes in Pregnancy – Michigan Medicaid – 2014
The Diabetes During Pregnancy Smart Chart (in the form of tables and graphs) contains information about the impact of diabetes, diabetes-related complications, and comorbidities during the delivery event of females 15-44 years enrolled in Michigan Medicaid programs. Diabetes in pregnancy was defined as pre-existing diabetes or gestational diabetes. The indicator tables and charts are specific to time of delivery, and only live births were considered.
This information is a supplement to the Michigan Diabetes In Pregnancy Fact Sheet 2014 and is meant to help better understand the health and experiences of Michigan women whose delivery was covered by Medicaid, but it should not be used to describe all Michigan mothers.
The tables and graphs in this workbook are 'queriable', meaning you can customize them to see results for the available indicators by diabetes status by race, ethnicity, and age group for the state of Michigan. Each worksheet has notes designed to assist in generating customized tables and graphs.