Michigan Dental Program (a program for HIV+ persons only)
The Michigan Dental Program (MDP) covers dental care for persons living with HIV/AIDS who qualify for the program.
- Applicant must provide documentation of HIV disease.
- Applicant must be a resident of the state of Michigan.
- Applicant’s gross income cannot exceed 500 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). Income is evaluated based on the current FPL guidelines when the completed application is received. Click the link for the Federal Poverty Level Calculator.
- In most cases, applicant must apply for public assistance (Medicaid and/or Healthy Michigan Plan) with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) within the past 90 days and have a pending, denial, or spend-down status.
- Applicants currently receiving benefits from Medicaid and/or Healthy Michigan Plan do qualify for the Michigan Dental Program for dental care.
- In all cases, the Michigan Dental Program is payer of last resort.
- If you pay for private dental insurance through an employer, a spouse, or the Affordable Care Act, you are Not eligible for the Michigan Dental Program.
Covered dental services are based on pre-approved care plans and include both preventive and restorative care. For more information, click the MDP Brochure link below.
- Case Managers/Support Coordinators may help applicants through the application process. Completed applications will be reviewed for acceptance or denial.
- Approved applicants will receive a letter from MDHHS along with a dental benefits handbook. Delta Dental membership cards will be mailed directly from Delta Dental to new members only.
- Michigan Dental Program Annual Application
- Michigan Dental Program 6 Month Verification Request
- Michigan Dental Program Annual Enrollment Checklist
- Michigan Dental Program Annual Enrollment Checklist (Arabic)
- Michigan Dental Program Annual Enrollment Checklist (Spanish)
- MDHHS-5422, Combined Declarations
- MDHHS-5422-SP, Combined Declarations (Spanish)
- MDHHS-5422-AR, Combined Declarations (Arabic)
- MDP Dental Benefits Handbook