Data and Security
- MDCH Record Retention Guidelines
- HIPAA Guidelines The HIPAA legislation states that reporting of Communicable Diseases (including HIV/STD) to the local or state health department or immunizations to the Michigan Childhood Immunization Registry are exempt because they are mandated within the Michigan Public Health Code and are used for surveillance and prevention of communicable diseases. This is addressed in section §164.512(b) of the HIPAA regulations.
- HIPAA: Letter to colleagues This letter explaining why the collection of data for surveillance is exempt from HIPAA
- MDSS-HIV/AIDS Confidentiality Policy
- MDSS Security and Confidentiality Training and Guidelines