Guidelines and Resources for Clinicians
This section provides information specific to providers and other professionals on childhood lead poisoning prevention.
Guidelines and Procedures:
The Michigan Blood Lead Testing Plan uses three criteria for determining if a child should be tested for lead poisoning:
- Living in one of Michigan's 14 target communities;
- Enrollment in Medicaid or WIC; or
- Score on a screening questionnaire.
- Procedures for Portable Blood Lead Analyzer Users (LeadCare I & II)
Blood Lead Testing:
- Pointers for collecting capillary blood draws (last updated 7/2/2012)
This page updated 6/22/15.