- CMS Conditions of Participation for Home Health Agencies This proposed rule would delay the effective date for the final rule. Comment period ends June 2, 2017.
- New Federal Rules Will Require Home Health Agencies To Do Much More For Patients
Home health agencies will be required to become more responsive to patients and their caregivers under the first major overhaul of rules governing these organizations in almost 30 years.
- VA issues final rule regarding APRNs providing clinical care
On December 13, 2016, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) issued a final rule regarding Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) providing clinical care in the Veterans Health Administration. The VA has provided an additional 30-day comment period on full practice authority for CRNAs.
- CMS has issued a final rule revising the requirements that Long Term-Care facilities must meet to participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs
These rules reflect substantial advances in the theory and practice of service delivery and safety made in the past several years. the regulations must be implemented by the following dates: Phase 1, November 28, 2016; Phase 2, November 28,2017; Phase 3, November 28, 2019.
- Medicare Accountability and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) - Executive Summary On October 14, 2016, the federal government issued final regulations for the Medicare Accountability and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA), and the described reimbursement system will exclude or exempts between 53% and 57% of physicians and other clinicians from a possible 2019 penalty.
- ICD-10: CMS will not be so flexible after Oct. 1
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services said that the grace period will end as planned and come Oct. it will end the flexibilities it granted hospitals and coders thus far.
- Medicare Issues Final Rule for Nursing Facilities This final rule updates the payment rates used under the prospective payment system (PPS) for skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) for fiscal year (FY) 2017.
- Medicaid and CHIP Managed Care Final Rule Implementation Dates The table is a reference guide to the implementation dates for provisions in the final rule.
- NCSBN 2016 Environmental Scan Annual review of emerging issues and trends that impact nursing regulation
- Michigan Public Health Code, Part 172, Nursing (P.A. 368 of 1978)
- Medicaid Managed Care & CHIP Final Rule This final rule modernizes the Medicaid managed care regulations to reflect changes in the usage of managed care delivery systems.
- CMS Releases New Application Process for MU Hardship Exemptions The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has launched a new, streamlined hardship application process for providers who feel they should be exempt from financial penalties for failing to meet requirements of the meaningful use program.
- Senate Health Committee Release Draft Bill to Improve Health IT for Docs, Patients To inform the committee's final legislation, Senate health committee Chairman Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Ranking Member Patty Murray (D-Wash.) today released for feedback a staff discussion draft of the committee's bipartisan legislation to improve health IT, including EHRs.
- Obama Signs MU Hardship Exemption Bill into Law President Obama, on Dec. 28, signed into law the Patient Access and Medicare Protection Act, a bill designed to make it easier for healthcare providers to receive hardship exemption from financial penalties for failing to meet Stage 2 meaningful use electronic health record (EHR) requirements.
- Medicare Final Rule for Home Health Released This final rule will update Home Health Prospective Payment System (HH PPS) rates, including the national, standardized 60-day episode payment rates, the national per-visit rates, and the non-routine medical supply (NRS) conversion factor under the Medicare prospective payment system for home health agencies (HHAs), effective for episodes ending on or after January 1, 2016.
- CMS issues final rules on meaningful use for electronic health records
Providers can choose the measures of progress that are most meaningful to their practices.
- NCSBN 2015 Envirnomental Scan Annual review of emerging issues and trends that impact nursing regulation
- Bill would create 'national nurse' position A bipartisan pair of senators introduced a bill Wednesday that would create a new "national nurse" position tasked with preventing diseases like obesity and heart disease.
- ONC Updates Guide to Safety, Privacy of Electronic Health Information The ONC has published a revised version of its "Guide to Privacy and Security of Electronic Health Information."
- HHS announces proposed rules to support the path to nationwide interoperability The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) today announced the release of the Stage 3 notice of proposed rulemaking for the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Records (EHRs) Incentive Programs and 2015 Edition Health IT Certification Criteria to improve the way electronic health information is shared and ultimately improve the way care is delivered and experienced.
- In Its First Two Years, Medicare Pilot Project Doubles Number of Advanced Practice Nurse Graduates Program helps offset shortage of primary care providers and increase access to care at five sites.
- Growing Retail Clinic Industry Employs, Empowers Nurse Practitioners Retail-based clinics increase consumer access to high quality, affordable, and convenient primary care services, supporters say.
- QC Report on Role and Future of PHN, 2014 The goal of this event was to develop consensus amongst public health nursing (PHN) leaders in education, research and practice, and key stakeholders outside of public health nursing, on action steps necessary to enhance and promote the ability of PHN to work effectively to improve the health of the public.
- Comprehensive Summary of Michigan Nursing Corps Initiative 2008-2011 Comprehensive Summary of Michigan Nursing Corps Initiative 2008-2011
- Michigan Board of Nursing Administrative Rules