Community Action & Economic Opportunity
- Michigan Economic and Social Opportunity Act of 1981, Act 230 of 1981 as amended by Public Act 123 of 2003 creates the Bureau of Community Action and Economic Opportunity and the Commission on Community Action and Economic Opportunity to reduce the causes, conditions, and effects of poverty and promote social and economic opportunities that foster self-sufficiency for low-income people.
The bureau provides the designation of community action agencies; while the commission is committed to providing oversight and opportunity for persons of low-income to establish policies and programs to reduce poverty.
Act 230 of 1981 - Michigan Legislature Website
Partners & Resources
- Region 5 RPIC
- Weatherization Assistance Program Technical Assistance Center website
- Michigan Community Action
- MCA-Find Assistance in Your County
- State of Michigan-DHS Weatherization
- National Association for State Community Service Programs
- National Community Action Foundation
- United States Department of Health and Human Services
- United States Department of Energy
- BCAEO Monitoring Procedures Guide