MDCH Free Clinic Funding Program
The Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) administers a grant program for free clinic organizations providing health care services to the uninsured population of Michigan.
Eligible clinics must meet the following criteria:
- The clinic is located within Michigan and provides health care services to the uninsured population of Michigan.
- The clinic, or the organization under which it operates, has 501(c)(3) or other nonprofit status.
- The majority of clinic care comes from volunteer health care professionals.
- Services provided by the clinic are free of charge.
- Clients served do not have insurance for the services provided.
The Health Planning and Access to Care Section within the MDCH Policy and Planning Administration reviews eligibility criteria, manages the application process, and administers purchase order agreements with those clinics awarded funding.
This program requires reporting on grant expenditures, using the form below.
If you have any questions on this process, please contact Chris tickney by phone at (517) 284-4985 or through email at StickneyC@michigan.gov.
Each year MDCH releases a report on the grant program. The most recent reports are available through the links below.
FY 2016 Expenditure Verification Form