Flint families can get nutritious food at mobile pantry in November
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Nov. 3, 2017
CONTACT: Bob Wheaton, 517-241-2112
LANSING, Mich. – Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for November at locations throughout Flint.
The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services are announcing the upcoming schedule for mobile food pantry stops to distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron.
Families in November will receive produce that include apples, carrots, potatoes, onions and squash.
The program is funded through the more than $300 million in state taxpayer funds that have been provided to help the residents of Flint. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. Upcoming dates are:
- Saturday, Nov. 4, at 11 a.m. – Higher Quality of Life, 5601 N. Saginaw St.
- Wednesday, Nov. 8, at noon – Salem Lutheran Church, .
- Thursday, Nov. 9, at 11 a.m. – Fairhaven Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 1379 W. Lois Ave.
- Saturday, Nov. 11, at 10 a.m. – Flint First Wesleyan Church, 3825 Davison Road.
- Saturday, Nov. 11, at 10 a.m. – Calvary United Methodist Church, 2111 Flushing Road.
- Saturday, Nov. 11, at 10 a.m. – Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, at noon – St. Michael Catholic Church, 609 E. Fifth Ave.
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, at 10 a.m. – Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, at 11 a.m. – Church Without Walls, 4121 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Thursday, Nov. 16, at noon – United Methodist Community Center, 4601 Clio Road.
- Friday, Nov. 17, at 10 a.m. – My Brother’s Keeper, 101 N. Grand Traverse St.
- Friday, Nov. 17, at noon – St. Luke’s NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Saturday, Nov. 18, at 11 a.m. – Church Without Walls, 4121 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, Nov. 22, at noon – Salem Lutheran Church, .
- Tuesday, Nov. 28, at noon – St. Michael Catholic Church, 609 E. Fifth Ave.
- Wednesday, Nov. 29, at 11 a.m. – Richfield Academy, 3807 N. Center Road.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.
# # #