Flint families can get nutritious food at mobile pantry in January
LANSING, Mich. – Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for January at locations throughout Flint.
The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services are announcing the upcoming schedule for mobile food pantry stops to distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron.
Families in January will receive produce that includes apples, carrots, potatoes, onions and cabbage.
The program is funded through the more than $300 million in state taxpayer funds that have been provided to help the residents of Flint. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. Upcoming dates are:
- Tuesday, Jan. 9, at 11:30 a.m. – Second Chance Church, 5306 North St.
- Tuesday, Jan. 9, at noon – Catholic Charities, 910 Chippewa St.
- Wednesday, Jan. 10, at noon – Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Thursday, Jan. 11, at noon – Prince of Peace Missionary Baptist Church, 1417 N. Stevenson St.
- Saturday, Jan. 13, at 10 a.m. – Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Saturday, Jan. 13, at 10 a.m. – Flint First Wesleyan Church, 3825 Davison Road.
- Wednesday, Jan. 17, at 10 a.m. – Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Thursday, Jan. 18, at noon – United Methodist Community Center, 4601 Clio Road.
- Friday, Jan. 19, at noon – St. Luke’s NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Tuesday, Jan. 23, at noon – Catholic Charities, 910 Chippewa St.
- Wednesday, Jan. 24, at noon – Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Friday, Jan. 26, at 10 a.m. – My Brother’s Keeper, 101 N. Grand Traverse St.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.
# # #