Office of Inspector General
- Protecting Public Assistance
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) is a criminal justice agency within the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, created in 1972. The Office assists in maintaining integrity and accountability in the administration of its programs.
- Front-End Eligibility (FEE)
- Benefit Trafficking Unit
Food assistance trafficking is the buying and selling of food assistance for cash or items not authorized under the Food Stamp Act of 1977.
- Special Investigation Unit
- Annual Report - Fiscal Year 2014
- Annual Report - Fiscal Year 2013
- Annual Report - Fiscal Year 2012
- Annual Report - Fiscal Year 2011
- Annual Report - Fiscal Year 2010
- Annual Report - Fiscal Year 2009
- General Definition A welfare fraud complaint should be submitted only if you believe an individual or a business has been issued benefits in Michigan they were not entitled to.
- Legal Definition and Penalties MCLA 400.60. (1) Any person who by means of willful false statement or representation or by impersonation or other fraudulent device obtains or attempts to obtain, or aids or abets any person to obtain:
- Welfare Fraud Complaint Form
If you feel a client, business or employee has committed welfare fraud, complete this form.