Healthy Homes and Lead Poisoning Prevention
The Healthy Homes and Lead Poisoning Prevention (HHLPP) is funded by a grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) which supports the coordination of lead poisoning prevention and surveillance services for children in Michigan, and the funding of pilot sites for primary prevention of lead poisoning through the identification of lead hazards in housing and the use of special environmental cleaning techniques to minimize lead hazards..click for more information.
Blood Lead Testing Resources:
Blood Lead Testing- click here and scroll down for information on lead testing using the portable analyzer. ("LeadCare")
- 2013 Data Report on Blood Lead Levels
- 2012 Data Report on Blood Lead Levels
- 2011 Data Report on Blood Lead Testing and Elevated Levels
- 2010 Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program Data Report
- 2009 Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program Data Report
- 2008 Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program Data Report
- 2007 Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program Data Report
- 2006 Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program Data Report
- 2005 Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program Data Report
- Blood Lead Testing by Zip Code - Children Under Six, 2004- (Excel file)
- Lead Exposure Info - Children Under Six, 2004
- Lead Poisoning Info - Children One and Two, 2004
- Michigan Medicaid Blood Lead Testing - Current Data
Beginning October 1st of this year, with the discontinuation of select Mainframe processes, some difficulties have been encountered with Medicaid eligibility data feeds into the MDCH Data Warehouse. To limit the risk of reporting inaccurate data, beginning with the month of October 2009, the "Medicaid Blood Lead Testing" and other reports will be temporarily suspended or delayed. As soon as this problem has been corrected, new reports and a note announcing them will be posted here. An e-mail notification will also be sent to stakeholders statewide.
- Blood Lead Testing in Michigan, Children age one and two, 1998 to 2008
- Elevated Blood Lead Levels - Children Under Six, 1998 to 2008
- Blood Lead Testing in Michigan, Children Under Six 1998 to 2008
- Percentage Tested for Lead Poisoning, Children age One & Two, by county, 2008
- Confirmed Elevated Blood Lead Levels, Children under six, by ZIP Code, 2008
The Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention and Control Commission was authorized in Public Act 400 of 2004 and sunset in 2010. Documents from the commission are available online.
For Other Information, Contact: Robert L. Scott, Data Manager, Healthy Homes and Lead Poisoning Prevention at ScottR9@michigan.gov or (517) 335-8178.