Foster Care Payment Eligibility and RatesFoster care payment eligibility by placement types are as follows:
- Licensed DHS or private agency foster home (1 - 4 children) or foster family group home (5 - 6 children) - Foster care payments are based on the age of the child and any special services provided to the child.
- Residential child caring institution (non-profit) - Foster care payments range from $130 to $400 per day.
- Independent Living (child's own residence) is available for certain youths ages 16 and older - An independent living allowance is provided.
- Child's family or legal guardian - No foster care payments.
- Child's relative's home - Foster care payments may be provided if the home is licensed or if parental rights have been terminated.