Anyone, including a child, who suspects child abuse or neglect, can make a report by calling 855-444-3911. In addition, the Child Protection Law requires certain professionals to report suspected child abuse or neglect. Review the Mandated Reporters section of our website for more details.
Reports of suspected child abuse or neglect will either be:
- Assigned for investigation;
- Rejected; or
- Transferred to another agency for investigation, such as law enforcement or the Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing.
Reports must meet the following three criteria to be assigned for investigation:
- The alleged victim is under 18 years of age.
- The alleged perpetrator is a parent, legal guardian or other person responsible for the child's health and welfare.
- The allegations minimally meet the child abuse and neglect definitions in the Child Protection Law.