- Report a Pothole
Use MDOT's Report a Pothole form or call 888-296-4546 to report potholes on state roads. Most state roads begin with M, I or US designations (e.g., I-75, M-28, US-23, etc.).
Include specific information about the location. Your report will be forwarded to the appropriate MDOT region staff for action.
For everyone’s safety, please remember to slow down near pothole crews.
- The Birth of a Pothole Potholes are created when snow and ice melt as part of Michigan's seasonal freeze-thaw cycles. Moisture seeps into the pavement, freezes, expands and thaws, creating a gap in the pavement. As vehicles drive over the gap, the pavement weakens leading to a pothole.
- Tips for dealing with potholes
- Who locates and fixes potholes? How do I go about reporting potholes?
- What it costs to repair potholes on Michigan's trunklines
- How do I file a claim for damages to my vehicle caused by a pothole?
- Designing, building, and maintaining Michigan state highways for the future