Heritage Route/Byways Program
- Drive Home Our Heritage Communities across the state are preserving Michigan's unique recreational, scenic and historic cultural treasures, knitted together through a common thread: roads.
- Benefits Whether you're exploring Michigan's pleasant peninsulas or pursuing a new route, the Heritage Route Program offers many benefits, including preservation, economic, community and education.
- How to Apply The application process for heritage route designation consists of two steps.
- Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) TAP is a competitive grant program that funds projects such as bike paths, streetscapes, and historic preservation of transportation facilities that enhance Michigan's intermodal transportation system, promote walkability, and improve quality of life for Michigan citizens.
- Heritage Route Listing View a listing of all current Heritage Routes, complete with route information and photos.