Thank you for visiting the Michigan Department of Transportation's Permit site. For additional information, please choose one of the categories listed below.
For technical problems related to Michigan Business OneStop (MBOS) such as; password resets and general assistance, please call 877-766-1779.
- Bus and Limo Licensing Intrastate Certificates of Authority, Charter or Regular Route Authority, safety inspection procedures, frequently asked questions.
- Right-of-Way Construction Permits Coordinate the issuance of construction permits for use of highway Right-of-Way for operations other than normal vehicular or pedestrian travel.
- Junkyard Screening Provide guidance for controlling the screening of junkyards adjacent to highway Right-of-Way.
- Oversize or Overweight Permits - MiTrip Issue transport permits for oversize/overweight loads to travel state and federal highways.
- Highway Advertising (Billboards) Coordinate the permitting, regulation, and control of outdoor advertising adjacent to state and federal highways.
- Utility Coordination and Accommodation Coordinate the location of utility lines and facilities to accommodate highway road and bridge construction projects.