- MDOT Permit Gateway
The MDOT Permit Gateway (MPG) has replaced Business One Stop for MDOT business and is the new portal for ordering permits. Please click on the icon to the left for additional information about this new portal.
For technical issues related to MDOT Permit Gateway, please contact us at MDOT-MPG@michigan.gov.
For MPG password resets and login assistance contact us at 877-932-6424.
Thank you for visiting the Michigan Department of Transportation's Permit site. For additional information, please choose one of the categories listed below.
- Bus and Limo Licensing Intrastate Certificates of Authority, Charter or Regular Route Authority, safety inspection procedures, frequently asked questions.
- Right-of-Way Construction Permits Coordinate the issuance of construction permits for use of highway Right-of-Way for operations other than normal vehicular or pedestrian travel.
- Snowmobile Trail Grooming and Structures (Bridges, Signs, Path, and Tunnels)
- Oversize or Overweight Permits - MiTrip Issue transport permits for oversize/overweight loads to travel state and federal highways.
- Utility Coordination and Accommodation Coordinate the location of utility lines and facilities to accommodate highway road and bridge construction projects.
- Highway Advertising (Billboards) Coordinate the permitting, regulation, and control of outdoor advertising adjacent to state and federal highways.
- Junkyard Screening Provide guidance for controlling the screening of junkyards adjacent to highway Right-of-Way.