Many MDOT permit applications are submitted and purchased through the Michigan Business OneStop online service. For questions and assistance navigating this submittal process, please call the Customer Assistance Center; toll free, at 877-766-1779.
For more information regarding a specific type of MDOT permit, please select one of the following options:
- Bus and Limo LicensingIntrastate Certificates of Authority, Charter or Regular Route Authority, safety inspection procedures, frequently asked questions.
- Right-of-Way Construction PermitsCoordinate the issuance of construction permits for use of highway Right-of-Way for operations other than normal vehicular or pedestrian travel.
- Junkyard ScreeningProvide guidance for controlling the screening of junkyards adjacent to highway Right-of-Way.
- Commercial Vehicle Transport (Oversize or Overweight) PermitsIssue transport permits for oversize/overweight loads to travel state and federal highways.
- Highway Advertising (Billboards)Coordinate the permitting, regulation, and control of outdoor advertising adjacent to state and federal highways.
- Utility Coordination and AccommodationCoordinate the location of utility lines and facilities to accommodate highway road and bridge construction projects.