As of October 1, 2014, all customer service calls related to Permits issued by the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will be handled by the MDOT Permit Gateway Center at 1-844-636-8373.
For technical problems related to Michigan Business OneStop (MBOS), password resets, data corrections, and general assistance, please call 877-766-1799. For technical problems related to the Construction Permit System (CPS), Internet Highway Advertising/Billboard Program (IHAP), and Michigan Transport Internet Routing Permitting System (MiTrip), please contact Lauri Olsen at 517-241-3028.
- Bus and Limo LicensingIntrastate Certificates of Authority, Charter or Regular Route Authority, safety inspection procedures, frequently asked questions.
- Right-of-Way Construction PermitsCoordinate the issuance of construction permits for use of highway Right-of-Way for operations other than normal vehicular or pedestrian travel.
- Junkyard ScreeningProvide guidance for controlling the screening of junkyards adjacent to highway Right-of-Way.
- Oversize or Overweight Permits - MiTripIssue transport permits for oversize/overweight loads to travel state and federal highways.
- Highway Advertising (Billboards)Coordinate the permitting, regulation, and control of outdoor advertising adjacent to state and federal highways.
- Utility Coordination and AccommodationCoordinate the location of utility lines and facilities to accommodate highway road and bridge construction projects.