MiTRIP - Overweight or Oversize Permits

The Transport Permits Unit issues permits for Oversize/Overweight loads to travel on State and Federal highways.

The Michigan Transport Routing and Internet Permitting System (MiTRIP) allows applicants to order oversize/overweight single trip and extended permits using a credit/debit card or electronic fund transfer (e-Check, business check) with bank accounts in the United States.

For technical problems related to the MDOT Permit Gateway (MPG) please email us at or call 844-806-0002. For  MPG password resets and login assistance, please call 877-932-6424.

MPG/MiTRIP registration instructions (MDOT only supports MiTRIP connections via Microsoft Internet Explorer):

Once a company is registered, ‘Delegated Business Authority’ can be used to give access to all other users in the company. Go to (FAQs) for instructions on delegating authority:

MiTRIP User Guides

Single Trip Permit Guide PDF icon
Extended Trip Permit Guide PDF icon
Interactive MiTRIP Customer Assistance Guide PDF icon
Clearing Temporary Internet Files and Session Cookies PDF icon

For general permit questions contact 517-241-8999

Frequently Asked Questions
Forms (Select DSD Permits-Transport from the dropdown on the left side of the page)
Mi Drive Web page
Truckers Services Web page

For more information, contact:

Lauri Olsen, Supervisor
Transport Permit Unit
P.O. Box 30648
Lansing, Michigan 48909