close print view
I-675 lanes to reopen Nov. 2
Contact: Anita Richardson, MDOT Office of Communications, 989-754-0878, ext. 227Agency: Transportation
November 1, 2011 -- The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) is scheduled to reopen lanes across I-675 in Saginaw County tomorrow morning, Wednesday, Nov. 2. Road and bridge construction on the $14 million I-675/Warren Avenue interchange project in downtown Saginaw is now complete; the $1.7 million Veterans Memorial Parkway improvements project is wrapping up as well.
The following traffic restrictions will remain while crews perform minor clean-up and restoration work:
- Northbound I-675 single-lane closures;
- Northbound and southbound I-675 single-lane closures at Veterans Memorial Parkway for bridge painting for the next three weeks;
- Exit 2 to 5th, 6th, and Warren avenues will be closed in both directions;
- Northbound Veterans Memorial Parkway will remain closed and detoured for seven to 10 days; and
- Intermittent local road lane closures.
"I-675 is a vital transportation corridor within the state," said Jack Hofweber, Bay City Transportation Service Center manager. "Motorists now will have more direct access to downtown Saginaw businesses. Most importantly, safety and the overall condition of this highway have been greatly improved."
MDOT says: Construction work zones need your undivided attention.