close print view
I-94 weekend closures in Detroit scheduled throughout March for bridge demolitionContact: Rob Morosi, MDOT Office of Communications,
- A portion of I-94 will be closed in Detroit each weekend in March for bridge demolition.
- Bridge demolition to occur at West Grand Boulevard and Van Dyke Avenue.
- Weekend closures begin at 9 p.m. Fridays and end by 5 a.m. Mondays.
February 28, 2013 -- The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will be closing a portion of I-94 in Detroit each weekend in March to allow for bridge demolition. The affected overpasses are West Grand Boulevard and Van Dyke Avenue above I-94. Only one bridge will be demolished over a weekend and detours will be posted. The full closures, which will begin at 9 p.m. on Fridays and end by 5 a.m. on Mondays, are necessary for safety.
The following is a tentative schedule:
- March 1-4: eastbound I-94 at West Grand Boulevard;
- March 8-11: westbound I-94 at West Grand Boulevard;
- March 15-18: eastbound and westbound I-94 at Van Dyke Avenue;
- March 22-25: eastbound and westbound I-94 at Van Dyke Avenue.
MDOT reminds drivers: Snowplows need room to groom.
PoliciesMichigan NewsMichigan.gov Survey
Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan