Skip Navigation
Michigan Department of TransportationVisit! Home
close print view

Who locates and fixes potholes? How do I go about reporting potholes?

MDOT maintenance personnel routinely inspect state trunklines, monitoring them for many conditions, including the development of potholes. If you notice a pothole forming on an "M," "US," or "I" route, you can report it any of three ways:

  1. Fill out MDOT's "Report a Pothole" form online;
  2. Call the Pothole Hotline at 888-296-4546;
  3. Contact your local Transportation Service Center (TSC) or MDOT region office.

To report potholes and other problems related to local roads, contact your local city or county road commission.

More about potholes

Related Content
 •  Tips for dealing with potholes
 •  The Birth of a Pothole PDF icon
 •  What it costs to repair potholes on Michigan's trunklines
 •  How do I file a claim for damages to my vehicle caused by a pothole?
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan