MDOT to host public meeting to discuss new I-96/Latson Road interchangeContact: Kari Arend, MDOT Office of Communications,
517-750-0406Agency: Transportation, Department of
WHAT: Public information meeting to discuss the construction of a new interchange at I-96 and Latson Road in Livingston County. A short presentation will be given at the beginning of the meeting, with an opportunity to ask questions of Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) staff to follow.
WHO: MDOT officials
Livingston County Road Commission officials
Genoa Township officials
WHEN: Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2012
5 - 7 p.m.
WHERE: Genoa Township Hall
2911 Dorr Road
Special accommodations: 810-227-4681
BACKGROUND: This fall, MDOT began construction of a new interchange at I-96 and Latson Road near Howell in Livingston County. The project will take two years to complete.
Overall, the project involves:
- Constructing a new bridge extending Latson Road over I-96,
- Building new ramps to connect I-96 and Latson Road,
- Reconstructing and relocating Grand Oaks Drive and Beck Road,
- Reconstructing and widening Latson/Nixon Road,
- Widening the Grand River Avenue /Latson Road intersection,
- Removing the existing rest area along westbound I-96, just past the Lake Chemung exit, and
- Work on an enhancement project to add a nonmotorized path along the west side of Latson/Nixon Road from Grand River Avenue to Beck Road.
MDOT reminds drivers: Snowplows need room to groom.