close print view
M-24 bridge replacement starts today in Lapeer County
Anita Richardson, MDOT Office of Communications, Richardsona@michigan.gov
989-754-0878, ext. 227Agency:
CLOSEST CITY: Lapeer
STARTING DATE: Monday, April 30, 2012
ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE: October 2012
PROJECT: A $3 million bridge replacement project at two locations:
- Work begins Monday, April 30, on the M-24 bridge over an abandoned railroad just north of Lapeer.
- Work begins in early June on the M-24 bridge over Plum Creek.
- Bridge work at both locations is expected to wrap up in October 2012, with left-over work to be completed in spring 2013.
TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS: M-24 over an abandoned railroad
- Two-way traffic will be maintained during daytime.
- Nighttime single-lane closures are possible in both directions on M-24, with traffic maintained under flag control.
- A traffic shift is anticipated on M-24 over the abandoned railroad bridge in early May.
M-24 over Plum Creek
- Traffic will be maintained under temporary signals.
CUSTOMER BENEFIT: This work will increase safety by improving the overall condition of the bridges.
Don't Barrel Through Work Zones! - Drive Smart to Stay Alive.