close print view
I-96/Latson Road interchange
Start: Fall 2012 End: November 2013
What we are doing:
- This fall, the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will begin construction of a new interchange at I-96 and Latson Road near Howell in Livingston County. The project will take two years to complete.
- Construction this fall involves relocating Beck Road, clearing and removing trees, relocating utilities, and permanently closing the westbound I-96 rest area in order to make room for the new westbound off ramp.
- Constructing a new bridge extending Latson/Nixon Road over I-96,
- Building new ramps to connect I-96 and Latson/Nixon Road,
- Reconstructing and relocating Grand Oaks Drive and Beck Road,
- Reconstructing and widening Latson/Nixon Road,
- Resurfacing and widening the Grand River Avenue/Latson Road intersection,
- Removing the existing rest area along westbound I-96, west of Lake Chemung, and
- Work on an enhancement project to add a nonmotorized path along the west side of Latson/Nixon Road from Grand River Avenue to Beck Road.