I-94 Business Loop Improvements, Ann Arbor
Start: April End: November
What Is Being Done?
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will make improvements to the I-94 Business Loop (BL) (Jackson Avenue/Huron Street) between I-94 and Main Street in Ann Arbor. The project includes:
- Resurfacing 2.4 miles of pavement ;
- Reconstructing ramps at the I-94 interchange;
- Upgrading curbs, gutters and sidewalk ramps;
- Making drainage improvements; and
- Upgrading signals.
How Will Traffic Be Affected?
Construction will be performed in stages to minimize the impact on residents and motorists.
- Eastbound traffic will remain on I-94 BL during the majority of the project, with westbound traffic detoured using Ashley Road, Miller Avenue and Maple Road.
- The ramps at I-94 also will be closed for a short duration, with traffic detoured using the Zeeb Road exit (Exit 169), just west of Jackson Road.
I-94 BL Improvements Flier
Construction Update: Traffic shift/lane closure on I-94 BL in Ann Arbor to start Thursday, April 24
News Release - MDOT to host public meeting to discuss I-94 BL improvements in Ann Arbor