I-94 Business Loop Improvements, Ann Arbor
Start: April 2014 End: Summer 2015
What Is Being Done?
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will make improvements to the I-94 Business Loop (BL) (Jackson Avenue/Huron Street) between I-94 and Main Street in Ann Arbor. The project includes:
- Resurfacing 2.4 miles of pavement ;
- Reconstructing ramps at the I-94 interchange;
- Upgrading curbs, gutters and sidewalk ramps;
- Making drainage improvements; and
- Upgrading signals.
How Will Traffic Be Affected?
Starting in spring 2015, the following work will take place as the project wraps up:
- I-94 BL (Huron Street) reconstruction between Dexter Avenue and Chapin Street is expected to take approximately two months to complete. During this work, one lane of eastbound traffic on I-94 BL will be open, while all westbound traffic will be detoured.
- Final paving on I-94 BL (Jackson Avenue) between Dexter Avenue and Maple Road.
MDOT has at least 2 months of work on Huron Street in 2015 (1/14/15)