Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ)
The CMAQ program funds transportation projects or programs that will contribute to the attainment or maintenance of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for ozone, carbon monoxide (CO), or particulate matter (PM).
- MDOT CMAQ Program Guidance
(Revised November 9, 2015)
- MAP-21 FHWA CMAQ Program Guidance
- Guidance for Non-transit Diesel Engine Retrofit Projects
- Guidance for Operating Assistance for Traffic Operations Center
Call for Projects (CFP/Call)
The purpose of the CFP is to identify, select, and approve projects that align with MDOT's goals, policies, and strategic plan. Please submit CMAQ project applications according to the Call for Project instructions.
- Local Agencies FY 2017 - 2020 Call for Projects Letter
- FY 2016-2020 Estimated Funding Allocation Table