Asset management is a systematic process of maintaing, upgrading and operating physical assets cost-effectively.
MDOT takes an asset management approach to managing its diverse transportation investments. Asset management is a strategic approach to linking data, goals, investment strategies, programs, and projects into a systemic process to ensure achievement of a desired outcome. This process also includes monitoring results and making adjustments, as appropriate, with the overall goal of ensuring the state transportation system is managed in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Asset Management Overview
- International Roughness Index (IRI)
- Managing Traffic Data Assets
- National Functional Classification (NFC)
- Michigan Asset Management Council (TAMC)
- AASHTO Management Hub
- AASHTO Transportation Asset Management Portal
- FHWA Asset Management