Category E - Forest RoadsGoal:
To aid in the safe and efficient collection and transport of forest raw material.
To provide funding for transportation projects which:
- Increase access to forest resources harvestable over the next five years
- Increase the safety and efficiency of forest raw material transport
Eligible recipients are county road commissions in each county in which a national lakeshore or national park is located or in which 34 percent or more is commercial forest land.
To be eligible for Category E funding:
- The project must be for road construction or reconstruction
- The project must be located in one of the eligible counties
- The project must be directly related to the collection and transport of forest raw products
Eligible costs include costs normally associated with highway construction projects.
None. Funds are distributed on a formula basis by MDOT to the county road commission in each county in which a national lakeshore or national park is located or in which 34 percent or more is commercial forest land. Projects are selected and administered by local county road commissions.
For further information contact your County Road Commission or MDOT's Office of Economic Development at www.michigan.gov/tedf