Resources for Current Mentors
- What's Next? College Knowledge for Mentors and Mentees This online resource is designed to help mentors and mentees explore the elements and attitudes needed for a successful transition to college.
- Talking it Through: Communication Skills for Mentors This interactive website promotes successful mentor/youth interactions and relationship-building. Once mentors learn about the complexities of their role, they often wish they were better prepared. Watching and reflecting on the examples in this course can help you be ready for sticky situations.
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources Mentored Youth Hunting Program Looking for more information on the new Mentored Youth Hunting program? This site can help!
- College Positive Mentoring Toolkit College positive mentoring encourages and creates a pathway for K-12 youth to consider, plan for, and attend post-secondary institutions. Check out our new College Positive Mentoring Toolkit that supports this effort!
- Resources for Mentors of Foster Care Youth
Mentors of children and youth in foster care will build stronger, longer-lasting matches if they understand the culture of foster care and have access to resources that help their mentees to better address the issues they face. This section contains links to information aimed at assisting mentors through the entire match relationship, from connecting with their mentee to supporting their transition to independence; mentors of adolescents, teens and young adults will find these resources especially useful.
- Social Networking Tips to Share with Mentors
- Mentors: Promoting College Access
Mentors can help young people obtain the information and resources necessary to pursue post-secondary information. Click here for a variety of ways you can help engage your mentee.
- Mentoring Activity Ideas These days, mentors and mentoring programs are experiencing more and more budget restrictions. When money is tight, it's easy to get stuck in a rut doing the same activity every week. It doesn't have to be that way! Mentor Michigan has collected activity ideas from mentors, mentees, program staff, youth development professionals, teachers, and others to share with you. Please feel free to use this powerful resource to make mentoring a success in Michigan!
- Tips and Tools for Mentors Mentoring is one of the most meaningful ways to volunteer, but it can also be very challenging. Here you will find and tools designed to make your mentoring experience great for you and your mentee.